Ten Things You Didn’t Know About NFTs
From the sale of the first NFT to the inclusion of extraordinary personalities from the world of film, fashion, and sports, are you sure you know everything about NFTs?
NFT technology is growing everyday. More and more top brands and personalities are joining this world, making multi-million dollar investments. But are you sure you know everything about them? Here we cover curiosities that you may not know about NFTs.
Enter the NFT world learning these fun facts about NFTs
1. Did you know that an NFT is a non-fungible token? NFTs, unlike other types of assets, are unalterable, which guarantees their uniqueness.
2. Did you know that NFTs, despite being digital, can be representations of tangible assets in today’s society? Nowadays, anything you can imagine can be automatically converted into an NFT, so the potential of this technology is huge.
3. Did you know that an NFT has been sold for approximately $69 million? People sold a digital collection of his art called “Everydays: The First 5,000 Days” as an NFT for a record $69 million. The buyer was Vignesh Sundaresan, also known as MetaKovan.
4. Did you know that NFT technology enables the creation of a marketplace where intermediaries are eliminated? The design of NFTs saves time and, more importantly, middlemen following the model of blockchain technology.
5. Did you know that Jack Dorsey sold the first-ever tweet as an NFT for $2.9 million? It was Twitter’s first sale for a value that would have been unimaginable a few years ago. Now, with the advent of new platforms, Woonkly.com’s metasearch network would have become an instant NFT.
6. Did you know that more and more fashion brands such as Gucci, Adidas or Nike are joining NFT technology? Brands investing in NFT jobs and collections now number more than a hundred. In fact, with all the growth in NFT, there are brands even buying up land in the metaverse.
7. Did you know that if you buy a music album as an NFT, you are not entitled to any revenue the artist may generate? Unless the information is detailed, the purchaser acquires a copy of the music album but not the right to access other benefits, such as concerts, festivals, or artist tour benefits.
8. Did you know that in the future, NFT clothing in the metaverse may be even more expensive than the clothes we wear today? With interest in the metaverse, there is talk that people may care more about how they dress in the metaverse than in their current physical clothing, which would increase the price of metaverse clothing.
9. Did you know that NFTs have changed the collecting industry? Now, you no longer need to leave your home to exchange stickers or even have to wonder if the copy is genuine or counterfeit. With NFT technology, you are assured of the uniqueness of the piece.
10. Did you know that the NFT market has almost surpassed the traditional art market? The evolution and sales figures that NFT technology manages have led the art market to adapt to the point where new leading digital artists make a niche for themselves in the NFT world.
If you are interested in capitalizing on your creativity and talents with NFT technology, Woonkly will allow you to create your first NFTs in seconds and in a simple way. Want to know more? Join our community on Telegram, Discord, and ask our Support Team anything you want.
Let’s keep in touch! Find more information and tips on our official social media channels: